3/14/19

Pocket Prayer: FRIDAY 3/15


If you'd like one of these pocket Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for FRIDAY of the First Week of Lent

Here's the truth of it, Lord:
though I'm praying this Lent
for your touch upon my life,
there are times, I know,
when I pull back from your hand,
turn away from your outstretched arm
and even avoid your touch upon my life...

There are times when I pretend I don't feel
your touch upon my heart,
your strong arm lifting me up,
your hand held out in blessing...

These are the times, Lord,
when I choose to stew in my own juices,
when I won't let go my grip on grief
when my pride overwhelms my need for you...

And these, Lord, are the very times
when I'm most in need
of your touch upon my life...

Free me, Lord, from anything
and everything
keeping me from bending to,
leaning towards,
falling for your touch upon my life
today...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!