3/11/19

Pocket Prayer: MONDAY 3/11


The image above is a pocket Cross we're distributing in my parish this Lent: a portable, daily reminder of the ashes we received and the Lenten pledges we made on Ash Wednesday. If you'd like one of these Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for Monday of the First Week of Lent

Yesterday I asked you to surprise me with your touch, Lord -
and you did: it was between the two morning masses -
you know the moment I'm thinking of...

But later, Lord, at day's end,
looking back on a very busy Sunday,
I saw something else:
I saw the way your hand was upon me all day long,
guiding me in making an important decision,
pointing the way to go when I had a choice to make,
lifting me up at a moment my spirit was low,
sustaining me when my energy flagged,
brightening this sloppy gray day
   with the sunshine of others' love...

Thank you for your touch, Lord,
and thank you for helping me look
not just for particular moments of your presence
but for the way you're with me all day long,
your hand, your touch, upon my life.

You touched my life yesterday, Lord,
I pray you'll touch my life again today!

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!