7/26/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 7/26

Photo by Mark Penta

Photos of the shore in Truro, MA, taken by my favorite caricaturist, inspired today's Pause for Prayer.
Lord,
in but a few hours' time,
on the same shoreline canvas,
you paint your glory in nature's hues,
in subtle, changing shades and shadows...

New masterpieces every day -
and who knows how many times each day?
Photo by Mark Penta
You paint with clouds, water, wind, grass and sand -
and so, I wonder, Lord,
how, with glory and beauty,
how are you painting every day
on the canvas of my soul -
and in what hues and tints
are you coloring and shading my being
with artistry divine?
Photo by Mark Penta
Make me your canvas, Lord,
and let me take the time to find and trace
your brushstrokes on my life
lest I miss the beauty of your work
painting me as your creation, day by day:
in your image and your likeness made
and signed by the Artist's hand...
Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!