8/26/19

Monday Morning Offering: 8/26

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

What  a gift is this day
and lest I forget -
remind me of how my days come, Lord:
just one at a time...

They don't come in bunches,
in weeks, months or years -
but one at a time
- and that's more than enough...

All my yesterdays are gone, Lord,
the past is now behind me;
tomorrow's not yet here,
still a mystery yet unknown... 

You give me, Lord, 
one, solitary day,
no more than that and, I pray, 
no less...

So I offer you my day
and pray that in its course I’ll find you
walking by my side,
pulsing in my heart,
coloring my every thought,
shaping all my choices,
forgiving me my sins,
leading me to truth,
speaking in my prayer,
helping me be strong,
calling me to serve,
and holding me in love...

I offer you this one day, Lord,
and pray I not be burdened
by memories of the past,
sorrows born of loss,
worry of what’s yet to be,
or fear of what's unknown,...

I offer you this one day, Lord, and pray
my work will give you glory,
my heart accept your help,
my soul be filled with grace,
and my hands reach out
to serve my neighbor's needs...

I offer you this day, Lord:
may it be my gift 
to all whose paths cross mine,
from dawn until the setting of the sun...

This day's the day you’ve made, Lord,
the solitary precious day you've given me:
help me live it to the full  
and in it find your peace...

Receive my morning offering, Lord,
one day, no more nor less,
and at its end grant me a night
of peaceful sleep and rest...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!