8/8/19

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 8/8


Tuesday's Pause for Prayer suggested the new Song of the Week which, in turn was the inspiration for today's Pause for Prayer...


Some days, Lord, I live in the shadows,
  longing for light, unable to find it...

And sometimes, Lord, I run toward the shadows,
   fleeing in fear all I don't want to face...

Sometimes the shadows are as thick as clouds
   and I can't see beyond the reach of my arm...

But some clouds, Lord, are thin as veils
  the light just beyond, teasing, inviting...

Sometimes, Lord, I run from the light,
   a hide-and-seek game with the warmth I seek...

But then comes a moment, I pray for your grace
   to chase away darkness with the dawn's first light...

So, shine on me, Lord, when I'm lost in the shadows,
   let your light shine upon me, O Lord, my God...

Amen.

Lord, Let Your Face Shine Upon Us by Marty Haugen


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!