8/13/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 8/13



Here's my ticket for today's show!

God's the director, I'm cast as the lead,
   no understudy named or allowed...

No audition, no callback, no rehearsal -
  I'm learning my lines as I go...
  
I live and breathe in this theater of life,
   I'm always on stage - never off...
.
Plenty of drama all around - no need to add my own:
   elements of tragedy, yes - but lots of comedy, too...
 
The script's not complete - I'm helping to write it,
   and the Playwright allows for improv...

The plot's not my own, there are shocks and surprises
      but I trust where the story is going...

There's more than 3 acts, more like 3,000
   but this day has but one performance...

For whatever this day might bring to my stage,
   for whatever I bring to the play - applause!

Be gentle and kind when you write your review
   but be honest to help me improve...

And thanks for comping my ticket, Lord:
      I've got the best seat in the house!

Amen!

     

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!