9/30/19

Monday Morning Offering: 9/30

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza


















Good morning, good God!

I offer you the joys of all
who will today find help, a friend, a cure,
some work, some rest and time to share a laugh...

I offer you the heavy hearts
of those bent low by sorrow, grief, loss and tears:
the hearts of all who weep today and call upon your name...
 

I offer you the peace of those
who will this day find healing, hope and trust in you,
a deeper faith and mercy and forgiveness

I offer you the wounded hearts
of those who've lost so much, too much, in love, in war, in life,
in promises not kept and now long broken...

I offer you the faith of hearts
who reach for you when strength for reaching's all but gone,
when hunger for your touch is all there is...

I offer you the hope of hearts
who seek your light when shadows veil their hearts,

who seek your peace when peace is nowhere to be found... 

I offer you the trust of hearts
who in their anxious fear still take your hand
follow, faithfully, wherever you may lead...

I offer you the love of hearts
remembering better days, who trust you'll come again
and keep your word of promised peace...

I offer you the hearts of all who join me in this prayer:
receive and bless and heal with grace
our joyful, sorrowed souls and all our deeds this day...

Receive my Morning Offering, Lord:
keep me faithful to my time for prayer
and gentle with all those I know and meet today...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!