9/30/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/1

William Road, Concord MA: photo by Jamie Bruneau

Long before I wake, Lord,
you're out for a morning walk,
misting meadows as you go,
cueing the sun to rise in glory,
chasing last night's shadows
lest they cloud the new day's dawn...

Sound asleep,
I miss your artist's touch in my back yard:
your careful, understated brushstrokes
softly hued, beauty bold,
all pure gift, so freely given...

Even wide awake at midday, Lord,
too often do I miss your hand at work,
your artistry alive around me and within,
your fingerprints so gently traced,
warm upon my soul, on everything I see
and on all I know and meet...

Wake me, Lord, a thousand times a day,
lest I miss the many ways you color
all my world and my whole life
in rainbow shades of grace, drawn
from the palette of your love...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!