9/27/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 9/27




Thanks, Lord, for your patience with me,
especially in those times when I'm impatient with you,
when I want (and even demand!)
that you do what I want, that you work on my schedule,
that you follow my plan - instead of yours...

Thanks, Lord,
for your attentiveness to my prayer,
especially when, for long periods of time,
I pay you little attention
and fail to come to you in prayer...

Thanks Lord,
for you faithfulness to me
even when I'm unfaithful to you
in my thoughts, in my words and in my deeds:
thanks for your generous mercy and pardon
especially when I'm loose and reckless
with all you've given me...

Thanks, Lord,
for giving me yet another chance
after I've blown so many you've given me,
when I really don't deserve another opportunity:
thanks for the grace of all the new beginnings
you offer me so generously...

Thanks, Lord,
for loving me,
especially when I fail to love my neighbor,
my colleagues at work
and even some members of my own family:
thanks for loving me, Lord,
when I fail to love myself
and, most of all,
when I fail to love and trust in you...

And thanks, Lord,
for bearing with me on that one thing
that bothers me so much:
- be patient with me as I try to let it go;
- hear and answer my prayer as I struggle with it;
- be faithful in helping me work my way through it;
- and give me, again and again,
     the grace to be free of it...

And thanks, Lord, for loving me:
with the love that's yours alone to give,
the love from which I came to be,
the love that keeps me going, day to day,
the love for which I am most truly grateful...

Love me, Lord, with love enough to spare,
with love enough to share
with everyone I know and meet today...

Amen.

Thank you, Lord, for All Good Gifts!



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!