9/27/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 9/28

Image source

I see the world through my own eyes, Lord
and I know my eyes play tricks on me...

Sometimes I don't see what's right in front of me:
my bias, prejudice, selfishness and haste -
all keep me from seeing
what's there before me, hiding in plain sight...

And sometimes I see things that aren't there, Lord -
at least not there in reality:
I see what's in my imagination,
I see what I want to see,
I see what fantasy teases me to believe
is real...

And sometimes, Lord, I refuse to see
what you'd have me see:
be it a challenge or a new path,
a neighbor's need, an opportunity
or a slice of truth I'd rather not accept...

Other times, Lord - I'm just blind!
Oh, I can see with the eyes in my head -
but my mind's eyes are cloudy,
my heart's eyes are closed
and my soul's eyes glaze over
in boredom, indifference and laziness...

And though I know my vision's blurred
I still presume, sometimes insist,
that others see the world as I see it,
as I perceive it, as it looks to me,
as I "know" it...

Blurry vision, Lord -
that's what I've got - blurry vision!
Help me see more clearly, Lord:
repair, adjust, correct my vision...

Teach me to see the world through my neighbor's eyes
and especially, Lord, lead me to see all of life
through your eyes for you see everything
with crystal clear precision,
you see everything as it truly is,
just as you created it...

You see what's real, what's true, what's just;
you see through to the very core of my being
and with compassion and justice,
with mercy and grace,
you see into the hearts and souls of all of us;
you read our thoughts before they come to us,
you see what no one else can see...

Help me see, Lord:
help me see as you do,
with love and compassion for all...

Help me see with an eye perceiving
the secret hurts that others suffer
and the hidden burdens others carry...

Heal my blurred vision, Lord,
until I find you, until I see you
in all my brothers and sisters...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!