10/14/19

Monday Morning Offering: 10/14


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Today, Lord, I offer you my thanks and praise
:

- for all the inscrutable ways you work in my life,

        day by day, week after week, year after year...  

- and for all the ways your Spirit meddles in my affairs,

        prodding, pushing and nudging me
             to go where you would lead me...

- and for all the inside-out, upside-down ways 

        you provide, plan and plot
             to get my attention, to win my affection...

- and for all the crazy and confounding things that mess me up

        that I might learn a thing or two or more
             along my twisting, turning bumpy path...

- and for all the grace and gifts you shower on me,

        especially those I waste or miss
             or totally ignore...

- and for all the ways you love me: freely, faithfully, and fully:

       forgiving me, no strings attached,
            with mercy that won't quit...

For all of this and so much more

        receive my morning offering, Lord,
              accept my gift of thanks and praise...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!