10/25/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 10/25



Sometimes, Lord, your presence is so close and so real,
and more often than not, I find you present
in the simplest, yet most profound moments in my life...

Yesterday, I found you
in a visit with a beautiful woman of faith
living out the last pages
of the book of her loving and generous life...

There were warm greetings,
some catching up,
stories told, laughter shared,
an old photograph...

And then a psalm, the 23rd
a hand in prayer upon her head,
a blessing of oil upon her brow
and a morsel of Bread, your Body,
broken for us that we might live...

Then I promised her my prayers
asking the favor of hers for me -
and this we pledged...

I took my leave,
stopping in the driveway,
pausing with her son, my friend,
taking to heart all we'd just shared,
this late October morning...

You were there, Lord, so close, so real:
you came to visit
in this profoundly
simple
gracious moment
in our lives...

Come again, Lord, come often
and make your presence known and felt
in simple ways
in the everyday moments
of our lives...

Amen.

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd;
   there is nothing I shall want.

Fresh and green are the pastures
   where he gives me repose.
Near restful waters he leads me
   he revives my drooping spirit.


He guides me along the right path,
   he is true to his name.
If I should walk in the valley of darkness
   no evil would I fear:
you are there with your crook and your staff,
   with these you give me comfort.

You have prepared a banquet before me
   in the sight of my foes.
My head you have anointed with oil;
   my cup is overflowing.


Surely goodness and kindness shall follow me
   all the days of my life.
In the LORD’s own house shall I dwell
   forever and ever.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!