10/24/19

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/24

Image source

Some days, Lord, I wonder where you are.
Some days I just can't seem to find you.
Some days I wonder if you've forgotten or abandoned me
or if, in fact, you were ever there to to begin with.

But you are there, Lord,
even when such thoughts cross my mind
or lodge in my heart,
even then, you're there...

When I'm too busy
to make time for you in my day,
you're there...

Though I may forget or ignore you
for days and weeks on end -
you're there, Lord...

Whether I'm being faithful to your word
or doing whatever the hell I want,
you're there, Lord...

In good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health,
you're always there, Lord...

Whether I'm at peace with all around me
or consumed by pride and envy,
you're there, Lord...

Whether I see you in my neighbor
or miss you altogther,
you're there, Lord...

Whether I walk the path you chart for me
or strike out on my own,
you're there at every twist and turn,
you're there, Lord...

You're there, Lord, always there:
before me, behind me, beside me,
above me, below me, within me...
you never leave my side...

You're here, Lord, always here:
with me and for me
in every moment, in every hour
of every day of my life...

Attune me to your presence, Lord,
your faithful, loving, abiding presence
and let me not forget that you're here,
you're there
- you're everywhere!

Whether I invite or bar you,
welcome or reject you,
trust or doubt you,
see or ignore you,
embrace or run from you, 
follow or leave you;
you are there, Lord,
you are here, Lord,
here you are...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!