10/31/19

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/31


There are times, Lord,when I'm so distracted
that I actually forget about you -
- until someone or something nudges me,
catches my eye and gets my attention
and then I make and find the time to focus,
to take a deep breath, to sit quietly and remember
just how faithful you are to me
and how much I need you in my life...

There are times, Lord,
when I'm so disappointed and unhappy
that I don't want to talk to anyone, not even you,
- until someone or something taps me on the shoulder
and brightens my day - if only for a moment -
and then I make and find the time
to open my eyes and unlock my heart
to remember all the good that's mine
and just how much I need you,
just how much I need your love...

There are times, Lord,
when I convince myself that I'm too busy to pray,
to share with you my joys and sorrows,
my trials and my troubles,
- until someone or something
puts the brake to my pace
and slows me down until I make and find the time
to relax in your presence and rest in your grace
and then I know again
just how much I need to trust in you
and fall into your arms...

There are times, Lord,
when everything seems upside down,
inside out and backwards
- until someone or something centers me,
sorting through my muddled thoughts
with prudence as the balance,
until I know again how much I need
your wisdom, word and truth...

There are times, Lord,
there are so many times -
but you know all that and more...

So nudge me,
sharpen my focus,
tap me on the shoulder,
slow me down,
unlock my heart
and center me
- until I make and find the time
to know again and not forget
just how much I need you,
just how much I want you,
just how much I love you...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!