1/17/20

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 1/17

LIft Me Up by Amy S Turner

Why is it, Lord, that I so quickly
see the problem,
call to mind the hurt,
dwell on my misfortune,
rehearse the pain that's passed,
fret and stew in worry
and feed upon my fears?

Why is it, Lord, that I'm so slow
to find your grace,
to treasure peaceful moments,
to hold on to every healing,
to listen for your voice,
to lean upon your strength,
and place my troubled heart
in your open, loving hands?

Lift me up, O Lord,
from all that weighs on me
and all that holds me down...

Open wide my eyes to see
the beauty of your face...

Lift my hands in praise
and open my heart in prayer...

Open my ears to hear
your Spirit's voice within me...

Touch my body and soul
wherever I'm most in need of healing...

Remind me every day
of all my blessings, old and new...

Give me strength to live my life
one day, one hour,
one minute at a time...

Lift me up, O Lord,
from all that weighs on me
and all that holds me down:
let my spirit find its joy in you,
in your word and in your love...

Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!