1/17/20

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/18

Image source


How is it, Lord,
that on one day time can fly so fast
and on the next day crawl like a tortoise,
very sure but oh-so-slow...

How is it, Lord, that my heart's clock
sometimes ticks the passing of minutes
at an hour's pace?

Why is it, Lord,
that time flies when I'm having fun
and stalls when times are tough?

And why, Lord,
when I pray for time to hurry,
why does it drag and dawdle:
    to tease and taunt my anxious soul?

Time time is nothing for you, Lord:
you're ever timeless,
always present, always now,
always in the moment,
always always...

Draw me into your timelessness, Lord,
into the grace of the moment,
this moment,
when you're with me, now
and will forever be...

Let the past not keep me from today
nor fear of the future hold me back
from meeting you, now, 
in this moment of prayer,
for in truth and in eternity,
now's the only time I have
to share and spend with you...

Amen.

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!