3/9/20

Monday Morning Offering: 3/9



Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

In my corner of the universe, Lord,
spring waits, about to wake, 
ready to rise up from frozen earth
warming to the sun in garden beds,
thirsty for April rain…

I know that spring will come, Lord:
a blooming green triumph over winter’s sway
with breezes sweeping clean the sidewalks
and paths that lead to summer’s rest…

I'm sure that spring will come, Lord,
but I pray for spring's arrival in my soul:
hope rising up in my winter-chilled heart,
rising through remnants of sin and hurt
in a spirit fresh with mercy’s morning dew...

I offer you my heart this morning, Lord,
waiting to wake, ready to rise,
to be lifted by your loving hand…

Rise within me, Lord, and raise me up
with grace, with mercy and new-found life...
Breathe your Spirit's life within me,
sweeping clean the pathways of my heart...

Spring-clean my soul for Easter joy
and resurrect my hope 
in you and in this season of your grace:
wake the springtime of your life within me, Lord...

And make me mindful of others, Lord, 
waking from their own wintry days:
keep us patient with each other
as we stretch and bud and bloom and  
wait for you in all the ways you spring to life
within us and among us...


So, I offer you this morning, Lord,
my hope and prayer for spring to come
and keep us through this week, this month
and well into the summer...
Amen.


 

   
 Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!