4/17/20

NIGHT PRAYER: 4/17


Someone told me, Lord,
   that the key to having sweet dreams
is to think sweet thoughts as you go to sleep
   - and that sounds like it's worth a try!

So tonight, Lord, on my way to bed,
   I'm thinking grateful thoughts of my family 
      and all my many friends...

I'm thinking and praying 
   for all the people in my life today
      and all who've been there through the years...

I'm remembering and lifting up to you, Lord,
   all those who've helped to make me
      the person I've become;
those who've loved me in ways too many
   to remember, know or imagine; 
those who've loved me even
   when I've failed to love them in return;
those who've forgiven me, time and time again,
   with patience, grace and kindness;
those who've walked with me
   through good times and bad,
      through sickness and health;
those who never forget me,
   even when I've forgotten them...
those who've shared their sorrows with me
   and invited me to help them bear their burdens;
those who've shared their joys with me,
   adding their happiness to mine  and doubling my joy;
those I've lost touch with, those I'm still close to
   and any whose friendship I've lost over the years;
all those, Lord, who've helped me trust with confidence
   that you are always by my side...
and all those who've prayed with me, cried with me,
   laughed with me, doubted with me, believed with me, 
   shared with me, sung with me, worked with me, played with me, 
   learned with me, walked with me, dined with me, drank with me,
   kept watch with me, grieved with me, waited with me, 
   - and in truly blest moments, sat with me in silence...

And right now, Lord, I want to mention by name
   some family members and some friends 
      who are especially present 
         in my thoughts and prayers tonight
  🙏🙏🙏................................................🙏🙏🙏

Sweet and prayerful thoughts, Lord,
   of family and friends I love,
      of friends and family who love me...

May my thoughts and prayers, Lord,
   brings sweet dreams and deep rest this night...

Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake
   and watch over us as we sleep
that awake we may keep watch with you
   and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 


When you're down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah, to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you've got to do is call
And I'll be there,
You've got a friend

If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep you head together
And call my name out loud
Soon you'll hear me knocking at you door

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running, to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yes I will

Now ain't it good to know that you've got a friend
When people can be so cold
They'll hurt you, and desert you
And take your soul if you let them, 
oh but, don't you let them

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again, don't you know
Winter, spring, summer or fall
Hey now, all you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yes I will
You've got a friend
You've got a friend,
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend
Oh, yeah, you've got a friend



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!