4/3/20

Night Prayer: FRIDAY 4/3


Another day is done, Lord:
and not an easy day was it, in this world of yours,
a world I'm learning, day by day,
not to take for granted...

Day is done and I'm grateful for your being by my side
-even when I left your path to follow my own:
there were times today, Lord,
when I felt you tugging on my sleeve,
pulling me back to where I belonged
- thanks for not giving up on me!

Another one's in the books, Lord.
Please help me look back on this day
through your eyes, your ears, and your heart.
For the times I was faithful today,
   I thank you for your help;
and for the times I failed in loving you and my neighbor,
   I ask for your forgiveness...

I pray you'll hold firm in your strong arms
those whose day was far more burdensome than my own:
   our health care providers and first responders
      (refresh them with your grace)
   the sick and their families
      (restore them with your healing touch)
   the dying and those who grieve their passing
      (grant them the peace they hope for)...

Give me deep and solid rest, Lord - and dreams

   to ease my weary, restless soul...
 
Send an angel of peace
to protect my family and friends

and your children all around the world:
   shelter us under guardian wings,
   secure in the embrace of your constant love...

And even as I sleep tonight, Lord,

fill me with the gifts I'll need tomorrow
to walk in faith and follow you
wherever you may lead... 

Amen.




How Can I Keep From Singing?  by Audrey Assad



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!