5/1/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 5/1


The end of day's a good time, Lord, to look back
     on what I saw and what I heard and what I felt;
     on what I said and what I did - and what I failed to say or do...

Eventide's my last chance today to share with you
     my worries, fears and cares,
     my prayer for those in trouble: nearby and far away...

Nightfall's a time for me to ponder
     all the ways today you nudged me, tapped me on the shoulder,
     moved within my soul and whispered in my heart...

Just before the dark of night, Lord, hold a mirror to my day 
     and let me see how you were with me, 
     every hour, every moment, by my side...

Help me look into that mirror that tomorrow I might see,
     might recognize more clearly, your reflection
     in my life, in my neighbor and in all the world around me...

Protect me, Lord, as I stay awake
     and watch over me as I sleep
that awake I might keep watch with you
     and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
      

MMMMMMM
Tonight's song is from one of my favorite composers, Arvo Pärt.
Spiegel im Spiegel (Mirror in a Mirror), a minimalist meditation
for piano and cello, is perfect for ending the day in prayer...



 

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!