6/29/20

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/30



It's not Christmas and it's not my birthday, Lord,
but I've got a wish list for you,
(things I want, things I need)
and so today I'm asking for,
I'm praying for:
   hope when I'm discouraged,
   patience in my haste,
   faith when I'm in doubt,
   consolation in my loss
   courage when I'm fearful,
   truth in all I say,
   strength when mine is waning,
   mercy when I sin,
   healing when I'm broken,
   comfort when I'm sad,
   perseverance when I'm weak,
   counsel in confusion,
   purity in passion,
   wisdom in my choices, 
   good will when I'm resentful,
   compassion when I'm spiteful,
   prudence when I'm foolish,
   fairness when I'm biased,
   integrity in all I do,
   love when I'm indifferent
and peace of mind and heart, Lord,
the peace I really need today,
the peace that only you can give...

(Yes, I know I'm asking for a lot here, Lord,
and if it's too much - then I'll leave it to you
to pick out the three things I need the most!)

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!