7/15/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 7/15



Lord, how I love the sunlight
and the summer's long, lazy days...

Bittersweet each sunset then, when
in pastels you paint the evening sky
and I lament the loss of one more day
on summer's fading calendar...

Teach me, Lord, to love the silken night, 
wrapping me in gentle folds of moon glow
studded with a million stars
created for my pleasure...

Teach me, Lord, to love the dark of night
as much a gift from you as each day's light,
the sun and moon and all the stars conspiring 
to remind me of your presence, ever bright...

Teach me, Lord, to love the gift of night,
wrapping me in moon glow 
while stars, far up above, shine
and dance before my eyes...

Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake tonight,
watch over me in my moonlit sleep,
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

In The Middle of the Night by Lauren Daigle



You are not hidden 
There’s never been a moment 
You were forgotten 
You are not hopeless 
Though you have been broken 
Your innocence stolen 

I hear you whisper underneath your breath 
I hear your SOS, your SOS 

I will send out an army 
To find you in the middle of darkest night 
It’s true I will rescue you 

There is no distance 
That cannot be covered 
Over and over 
You’re not defenseless 
I’ll be your shelter 
I’ll be your armor 
 
I hear you whisper underneath your breath 
I hear your SOS, your SOS 

 I will send out an army
To find you in the middle of darkest night
It’s true I will rescue you 
I will never stop marching
To reach you in the middle of the hardest fight 
It’s true I will rescue you 

I hear the whisper underneath your breath 
I hear you whisper you have nothing left


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!