8/19/20

NIGHT PRAYER: 8/19



Because I have apnea, Lord, I sleep with a CPAP device
to help me breathe in rhythm through the night
- and it really makes a difference!

But the biggest difference, Lord,
is your Spirit's breath within me
and the rhythm of your life in mine:
your breath, the breath of divinity,
you, the inspiration of my soul...

Just as my physical breathing is autonomic,
so is my spiritual breath a pure gift:
you do all the breathing, Lord,
you do all the work,
only your breath gives me life...

And when the time comes, Lord,
for my last breath on earth,
even then you'll be my air,
even then will you sustain me,
even then, I pray, your Spirit's breath
will lift me up to you
where death's no more and all is life
and all is peace
for all eternity...

Until then, Lord,
make me gratefully aware of my heart and lungs,
my breathing in and out, night and day
and most of all: your Spirit's breath within me...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me, breathe in me, when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

O Breathe On Me, O Breath of God
                                           arranged by Liam Lawton



O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love the things you love,
And do what you would do.
 

O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until my will is one with yours
To do and to endure.
 
O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
My will to yours entwine
Until this selfish part of me
Glows with your fire divine.
 
O breathe on me, Breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with you the perfect life
Of your eternity.


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!