8/21/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 8/21



Silence in my prayer sometimes disheartens me
when I think, "Well, what's the point?"
I've not much to say, Lord,
and you so seldom speak...

Silence in my prayer sometimes disturbs me, Lord,
since it's only just the two of us,
you and me - that's it!
Intimidating?  Well, maybe just a little...

Silence in my prayer sometimes unsettles me:
I feel awkward, Lord,
when I'm not sure what to say
or don't I know how to say it...

But, oh...

How deep the silence of my soul,
how profound the sweet serenity,
how full my heart when in the quiet, Lord:
you find me and I find you...

We find, we meet each other, Lord,
and in that welcome stillness
our hearts in silence speak
in the language love knows well...

Amen.


How Deep the Silence of the Soul by Dunstan/Browning



How deep the silence of the soul
that lives within your grace
How full the gratitude of heart
in your abiding place

What rich serenity is found
what courage and release
When wisdom teaches us to seek
the gentle path to peace

Like unseen chimes on moving air
like warm and morning sun
Like  gladdening, greening growing things
like trees with blooms begun

Such is your presence in our lives
you touch without a trace
Until we turn and find our ourselves
held fast in your embrace

Until we turn and find our ourselves
held fast in your embrace



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!