8/24/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 8/24



A few words from yesterday's mass
are embedded in my mind and heart, Lord:
   Oh, the depth of the riches 
      and wisdom and knowledge of God!

Just wondering, Lord...

Would you share with me,
from the depths of your riches,
even the smallest small portion
of your wisdom and knowledge?

There's so much I don't know, don't understand, Lord,
and so often I'm lazy and don't even try
to grow in my knowledge of you
and of so many other realities...

And wisdom?

I was hoping I'd grow wiser as I grew older
but on most days that's not how it's working out:
I need some of your wisdom, Lord:
some of your insight and understanding,
your compassion and good judgment...

And I'm not asking for everything, Lord!
Even a little more knowledge would be a great boon
and a dollop of your wisdom invaluable to me
as I try to parse some of life's enigmas
and discern how your mystery's at work in my soul...

And my guess, Lord, is that you want me to share
in the gifts of your wisdom and knowledge
that you're already reaching to share them with me
so, perhaps my prayer should be this:
   send your Spirit to open my mind and my heart
   to the depths of the riches of your wisdom and knowledge
   as you share them with me every day...

But for tonight, Lord:
protect me while I'm still awake
and watch over me when I fall asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Wisdom Song by Laura Woodley Osman



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!