8/15/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 8/15



Some nights when I come to pray, Lord,
I don't have words to say,
not even a voice to speak with,
no song to sing...

Sometimes I just can't put the words together,
sometimes I'm just too lazy,
and sometimes it's because I'm tired and sleepy...


When I can't find my voice, Lord,
when my words can't find my lips:
then be my prayer and speak for me,
be the voice of my silent heart,
be my song and sing the lyrics
locked inside my soul...

I know that if I trust in you, Lord:
you'll be my strength,
you'll lift me up,
you'll be my everlasting love
and yes, you'll be my song...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

You Will Be My Song by Don Moen





You know my needs, all that's unspoken
you hold the pieces of all that's been broken
even when a melody won't come
even when my words are not enough

You will be my song
you will be my praise
you will be my voice
when I'm lost for words to say
you will be my strength
and you will lift me up
you will be my portion
and my everlasting love
you will be my song

Before I call I know you'll hear me
when hope is gone still you are near me
even when the answer is delayed
even through the darkness I will say

Refrain

Even when I feel like I'm alone
I know you'll never leave me on my own

Refrain



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!