8/9/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 8/9



This day's end finds me, Lord,
in a spirit of praise and thanksgiving:
I'm humbled by how generous and kind you are
in more ways than I can count...

I praise and thank you for my friends, Lord:
for their selfless interest, their generous help,
their care and concern
and all the ways they touch my life
with your kindness and with peace...

I praise and thank you for my faith, Lord,
be it sometimes strong and sometimes weak:
it's the faith that keeps me going,
the faith that gives me strength,
the faith that is my hope,
the faith that helps me trust
that I am loved and I'm forgiven...

I praise and thank you for my soul, Lord,
for that's the place you call your home
within my heart, my mind, my life:
I'm grateful beyond words
that you should choose to dwell within me,
you, my Savior and my God...

I praise and thank you for this day, Lord:
for all its ups and downs,
with all its joys and sorrows,
and every gracious moment when my heart
was at peace with you
and I at peace with my neighbor...

Finally, I praise and thank you, Lord,
for my worries and fears,
my troubles and anxieties,
my confusion and misgivings,
my errors and my mistakes
- because -
each of these offers me a choice
to trust in your abiding presence,
to lean on your strong shoulder,
to learn from your counsel and wisdom,
to receive your mercy and pardon
and grow closer and closer to my God
who makes a home within my humble heart...

I praise and thank you, Lord, for all I have
for all I have, I have from you
and without you I'd have nothing...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm still awake
and watch over me when I fall asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.


Praise His Holy Name by Keith Hampton,
                                      sung by Syracuse University Singers



Sing till the power of the Lord come down.
Shout Hallelujah! Praise his holy name!
 

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me;
I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind, but now I see.
Jesus, Jesus, how I love thee! Shout Hallelujah!
Praise his holy name!
 


Must Jesus bear the cross alone and all the world go free?
No, there's a cross for ev'ryone and there's a cross for me.
Jesus, Jesus, how I love thee! Shout Hallelujah!
Praise his holy  name!
 


Holy Jesus, praise his name!
Hallelujah! Praise his holy name!
Let us praise his Name, Hallelujah, Lord!
Praise his holy name! Hallelujah Oh, oh-
Praise his holy name!
Praise him!



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!