8/8/20

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 8/9



Lord, you have many titles
and just as many mighty names:
Shepherd, King, Prince of Peace,
Son of God, Emmanuel,
Redeemer, Savior, Bread of Life...

But today, in prayer, I praise you,
I call on you and name you: 
the Doorman of my soul...

Be the Doorman of my freedom
and open doors to let me out
from where I'm  stuck and trapped,
closed in, confused, confined...

Be my Doorman to serenity,
opening doors to let me in
to where I long to be, to make my home
where I can live in peace...

Be the Doorman of my hope, Lord:
open all my future's doors
and help me to believe
that  indeed, all shall be well...

Be the Doorman of my soul:
opening doors within me
to open wide my heart
to you and all around me...

Be my faithful Doorman, Lord:
always there to open yet another way
another path to find the love
I long for...

But often I'm too lazy, Lord, 
too cautious, tired and timid,
too angry or too proud
- to enter where you open...

And you know, Lord, as I do
exactly where that leaves me
when I stand before your open door
and fail to cross its threshold...

This past week, as always
you opened many doors for me
and each time I walked in
I found the peace you offered...

So now, in prayer, I name you, Lord,
Doorman of my nights and days,
my comings and my goings:
gatekeeper of my soul!

Open me to all the doors
you open wide within me, Lord:
your doors to truth and wisdom
and the grace to live this day...

Amen.


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!