8/29/20

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 8/29



This past week, Lord,
I've been more and more faithful to my daily walks
- some days exceeding my usual daily mileage...

I often have to push myself to get out there
but this past week, not so much...

It's not that I've especially wanted to go out and walk
- I'm too lazy for that! 

On several days, I've been out walking for a half hour
before realizing I'm not sure what got me out there!

But I think I'm beginning to understand
and here's the only way I can describe this:
   occasions of grace...

I'm experiencing occasions of grace,
just the opposite of occasions of sin,
the antithesis of temptation...

But just as temptation can sneak up on me,
sapping my strength and resolve,
so can your grace take me by surprise
and lead me, strengthen me,
to do the next right thing...

I've no doubt, Lord, 
that you offer me occasions of your grace
every day of my life 
so I'll be bold and pray yet one more gift:
the grace to recognize all the ways
you tap me on the shoulder,
tug my sleeve for my attention, 
nudge me in the right direction,
draw me out of harm's way,
tilt me towards the better choice
and coax me out of my recliner,
whispering in my soul,
"It's time to take a walk!"

Amen.


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!