8/11/20

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 8/11



Some days are really great, Lord
and some days are just the pits...

Sometimes the good days come in bunches,
though not often enough,
while the the bad days seem too often
to overstay their welcome...

And then there's all those days in between:
the regular days, the usual days, the normal days,
the day-in-and-day-out days - the majority of days...

On these in between days, Lord, I can choose:
   - I can use them to extend the joy of the better days
         and recover from the downers
OR
   - I can waste this precious time
         pining for the glory days
            or rehearsing every rough patch...

When I focus my life
   on the mountain tops and valley depths
I miss the grace of the present moment, the day at hand,  
   the day that you've made, Lord, ripe with opportunities
to hear your word, grow in your love, do what is good,
   love what is just and to serve my neighbor...

So, for the great days, I praise and thank you!
For the hard days, I ask your saving help!
And for all the in between days, the average days,
   the day-in- and-day-out days, I pray, Lord:
      open my heart to your glory, gifts and grace...

The day-in-and-day-out days, Lord
and all of them, a day at a time...


Amen.
     
       
  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!