9/1/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 8/31



I know, Lord, that the word prayer 
describes the conversation I have with you 
and what an amazing grace it is
that you and I speak with each other...

But even before I speak a single word to you
my prayer begins - and can only begin -
when I pause and recognize
that I am in your presence
and what an amazing grace it is
that I am welcomed, warmly,
to stand before you,
to kneel before you,
to sit in the presence of my Lord and God...

And, having found myself before you
in the silence of your mystery,
keep silence, uttering not a word,
still, I am at prayer, I am in prayer
and what an amazing grace it is
to speak without a word, to speak
from my heart to yours and yours to mine:
cor ad cor loquitur...

What an amazing grace it is, Lord:
   that you recognize and prize me as your own,
   that you invite me to share your company,
   that I may speak to you without fear,
   that you listen to everything I have to say,
   that you may choose to speak to me,
   that even without a word exchanged
   our hearts, yours and mine, may bond
   becming one in the mystery of your love...

What an amazing grace, Lord - what amazing graces,
   and they are mine, in silence and in prayer...

Protect me, Lord, while I lie awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Tonight's song is instrumental: 
like prayer, music speaks with or without lyrics.
I hope this amazing piece of music will be a grace for you...

Amazing Grace and Bach: Prelude in G major, Suite No. 1




  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!