9/10/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 9/10


 
The fog was so thick today, Lord...

Peering through a veil of mystery,
a curtain of gauzy uncertainty,
   I found myself feeling my way along paths
   I thought I could walk with both eyes closed
but a mist of distortions cautioned my steps
as I made my way slowly, seeking my place...

Image source

And now as this day ends,
as gathering clouds hide the setting sun,
I recall how even on clear, fair days a fog
often shadows and shrouds my soul...

So, whatever the weather, Lord, inside or out,
cut through the fog rolling into my heart,
the harbor of all my thoughts, hopes and dreams,
and pierce with your light what dims my vision:
shine bright on the course you chart for me...

Protect me, Lord, when I'm in a fog
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you 
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
MMMMMMMMM
Christ Be Our Light by Bernadette Farrell





  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!