9/10/20

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 9/10


Image source

To the best of my knowledge,
I'm not in charge of the world today
and if that changes, Lord,
I trust you'll let me know...

So I'm only responsible for the usual things:
   living faithfully in response to your gospel;
   loving my neighbor as much if not more than myself;
   and respecting the fragile beauty of the world around me...

I figure that's more than enough, Lord,
to keep me busy for the next 24 hours...

So, help me be faithful
to just the work that's mine, Lord:
no more and no less than 
just the work that's mine...

And that will be quite enough
- thank you, Lord -
that will be quite enough...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments    

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!