10/26/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 10/26

 
Lord,
I'm grateful to you for so many reasons:
all the blessings and gifts come my way 
from your heart and hand to mine...
 
But I know I sometimes act entitled,
taking your gifts for granted...
 
I don't always thank you for all you offer
and there are times when my words and deeds 
betray your generosity:
    your constant presence,
    your strong, supporting arm,
    the help of your grace and the peace I find 
    through my hope and faith in you...

Looking back on this day, then,
I thank you for all your blessings, Lord:
    the gifts I noticed,
    the ones I took for granted
    and especially the ones I missed
    for being too busy and distracted...

And I'm grateful for how you continue to bless me
and stay by my side as my friend and guide
- even when things I say and do
prove me unworthy of you and your love...

How great is your love, O Lord!
How mysterious your way with us sinners!
How grateful am I for your mercy
when I've been ungrateful to you...

Protect me, Lord, while I lie awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

All Good Gifts by Stephen Schwartz
 


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!