10/13/20

NIGHT PRAYER: 10/13

 
Lord,
it's been a dark and dreary day,
in a dark and dreary year,
and some folks I know and love 
are having a dark and dreary time of it this week...

I need, we all need, Lord, to remember
you will not forsake us
so there's nothing can shake us 
from our trust, our hope, our faith in you:
you hold us, safely, in the palm of your loving hand...

Your goodness and kindness follow and lead us,
gently guiding to where, once again,
we'll know that peace only you can give,
the peace for which we hunger and thirst...
 
In these dark and dreary days, Lord,
be the shepherd we all need,
be the light that leads the way
and be the answer to our prayers...

Shepherd us, Lord, while we lie awake
and watch over us as we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 

The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need,
He makes me lie down in green meadows,
Beside the still waters he will lead.

He restores my soul, he rights my wrongs,
He leads me in a path of good things,
And fills my heart with song.

Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me,
He has said he won't forsake me,
I'm in his hand.

He sets a table before me in the presence of my foes,
He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup overflows.

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will live in his house,
Forever, forever and ever.

Glory be to our Father, and Brother,
And to the Holy of Holies,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
Life, without end. Amen.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!