10/17/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 10/17

 
It always helps me to remember, Lord, that:
    no matter how scattered my thoughts might be,
    whatever the feelings that flood my heart,
    in spite of how garbled the words I speak,
    even when I haven't a word to say,
    regardless of whether I pray or not
even then, Lord:
    you read my confusion with wisdom and ease,
    you know what I mean when I don't know myself,
    you're at peace with the feelings I fear and avoid,
    you understand clearly my mumbling and babbling,
    you know my heart's longing before I can name it,
    you hear my prayer when it has no words...
 

It always helps me to remember this, Lord,
so please don't let me forget it!
 
Protect me, Lord, while I toss and turn
and watch over me when I fall asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 

Tonight's song for prayer is a simple chant from the
Taize community in France.  You might sing along 
with the audio or just let it be the background for your
remembering how God knows our every prayer, even
before we speak it, no matter how clumsily we phrase 
it - and even if we don't say it...

O, Lord Hear My Prayer (Taize) by Xara


 
Oh, Lord hear my prayer,
Oh Lord, hear my prayer
When I call answer me.

Oh Lord, hear my prayer,
Oh Lord, hear my prayer,
Come and listen to me.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!