10/7/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 10/7

 
I don't usually ask for things in prayer, Lord, 
but tonight I'm putting in a request
- for a crystal ball!

 

 

I ask for this, Lord, 
not so much to discover my future
but just to see how I'm going to be 
on the other side of all that looms so large today...

My trials and tribulations,
my worries and concerns,
all my problems seem much smaller,
more manageable, more easily resolved 
- when I look at them in hindsight...

If only I could see today 
how much better things will be  tomorrow,
once I finally take that step
towards doing what must be done...

Of course, I know a crystal ball is nothing
compared to faith and trust in you, Lord,
and your promise to accompany me
through all my woes and worries
'til I reach the other side and find
that all is well, that all is well, indeed...

So, scrap the request for the crystal ball
and instead, Lord, deepen my trust
and strengthen my faith in you,
in your grace and in your love...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake and worried
and watch over my fitful sleep,
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest easy, 
trusting in your faithful care...

Amen.
 
'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus by Casting Crowns
 
 


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!