10/3/20

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 10/3

Image source
 
 
Lord, my heart is hungry for love:
not for passion, not for affection
and for more than friendship...
 
My heart thirsts for love, Lord,
for the love for which 
my heart was made... 

I want to love you, Lord,
and I want to know your love
but I cannot love 
or know your love
apart from loving my neighbor...

It's all so simple, Lord:
it's just not easy,
not easy at all...

So help me, Lord,
help me love my neighbor
(especially the one I love the least) 
that in loving others
I might grow in my love for you
and come to know
the depths of your love for me...

Amen.

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God.
Those who say, "I love God," but hate their neighbor, are liars;
for if you do not love the neighbor whom you have seen
you cannot love God whom you have not seen.
This is the commandment we have from God:
all who love God must also love their neighbor.

(see 1 John 4)


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!