10/30/20

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 10/31


(Saturday is Halloween {All Hallows Eve} so Sunday is All Saints Day when we celebrate not only all those whom the Church has canonized but ALL the holy women and men who are with God forever.  Today's Pause for Prayer is intended to help us remember "all the saints" in our lives whom we'll celebrate on November 1.)

On All Saints Day, I thank you, Lord,
    for all the saints I've known in my own life...
 
I praise and thank you for those:

who loved me...

who raised me...

who first told me of Jesus...
 
who raised me in the ways of faith...
 
who taught me to pray...
 
who educated me... 

who protected me...

who schooled me in fairness...

who taught me to love my neighbor...

whose patience blessed me...

who taught me to tell the truth...

who forgave me...

who gave me good example...

who believed in me...

who shared their joy with me...

who touched my soul in so many ways...

who healed my heart...

whose integrity shaped my standards...

who remembered me...

who befriended me...

who lived a life faithful to the gospel...

whose example inspired me...

who sacrificed for me...

who are part of my best memories...

whose wisdom was born of the Spirit...

who kept my secrets...

who comforted me...

who encouraged me...

who defended me...

whose life modeled fidelity...

whose courage made me brave...

who were there for me through thick and thin...

who taught me to have hope...

who trusted me...

who cared for others more than self...

who lived and walked with the community of faith...

who held me in their arms...

who nurtured my gifts and talents...

who had my back...

who gave me a second chance - and many more...

who guided me through hard times...

who were my rock and my refuge...

who challenged me to do my best...

who cared for me when I was sick...

who helped me become the person I am...

who prayed for me...

who loved me... 

Such as these are the saints in my life, Lord,
the holy men and women I have known
and for whom I give you thanks and praise...
 
Help me to be a saint like them
in my own day, in your eyes, Lord,
and in the lives of those around me...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!