10/4/20

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/4

St. Francis by Cyra R. Cancel


Today is the feast of Saint Francis
and the words of his prayer are on my mind and in my heart...

This morning, Lord, I come to you with Brother Francis
and offer you my prayer, shaped by his...

Prayer of St Francis by Sebastian Temple


 

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace...  
Where there is hatred, let me sow love...

When politics tempt me to hate the other side,
when my envy delights in workplace intrigue,
when my thoughts walk the path of anger's edge:
    teach me to love as you have loved me... 

Where there is injury, pardon... 

When words cut as sharp as knives,
when idle gossip tears apart,
when careless deeds wound deeply:
    teach me to offer pardon and healing
    as you have healed and pardoned me... 

Where there is despair, hope...

Teach me, Lord:
    to hope when I'm unsure of many things,
    to trust when I want so much to just give up,
    to believe when I'm confused and lost in doubt,
    and to share the hope I find
        with those who struggle to trust in you... 

Where there is darkness, light... 

Teach me, Lord:
    to trust in your light to lead and guide me,
    to walk by your light when shadows beckon,
    to stand in your light when darkness threatens,
        and to share your light with all who seek it...

Where there is sadness, joy...

Lighten my heart with the gifts of your Spirit,
touch my heart's ache with the peace of your presence,
lift my heart's burdens and free me to share
the gift of your joy, the joy of your grace... 

O Divine Master...

Help me find peace in making peace,
to know your love in loving others
and to find in serving others' needs
all that I truly need myself... 

Teach me to give as you've given to me,
to pardon my neighbor as I've been forgiven,
to deepen my faith in your dying and rising
that when I die I will rise with you...

With Brother Francis I pray this morning:
Lord, make me a channel of your peace...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!