10/28/20

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/29

Image source


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
(A reader let me know that, facing a difficult day recently, she prayed my "Whatever happens" prayer for the grace and the strength she needed to deal with whatever came her way.  Praise God, the day brought good news! I looked back to find that prayer, worked on it a bit more and offer it for our prayer today.  Seems to me most of us need a "Whatever happens" prayer on a daily basis!)

Lord...

Whatever happens around me today,
whatever may come my way,
whatever I'm feeling inside:
    may your light dawn soft upon my heart,
    your Spirit calm my troubled soul...
 
Let your stillness quietly settle within:
be my strength
whatever my fears may be...
 
Let your light pierce through
any hovering clouds
eclipsing the day ahead...
 
Let your peace make its home
in my soul, O Lord:
the peace only you can give...
 
Whatever happens around me today,
whatever may come my way:
    may your light dawn soft upon me, Lord
    and your Spirit calm my soul...

Amen.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!