11/10/20

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 11/10

Photo by Tom Bjornson

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
You feed sparrows on the wing,
dress the fields in lilied beauty,
find the deer her place of rest,
a refuge hidden in plain sight...

As the doe has found her home, Lord,
shelter me within your heart:
hide me in a shaded grove,
now free from fear, secure in peace...
 
Peace above me in the heavens,
peace all 'round me in the meadows,
peace in forests deep and green:
my soul at peace, at last, in you...

Amen.

As The Deer Longs by Scott Soper


As the deer longs for running streams,
so I long, so I long, so I long for you.

1) A-thirst my soul for you the God who is my life!

When shall I see, when shall I see,
see the face of God?

2) Echoes meet as deep is calling unto deep,
over my head, all your mighty waters,
sweeping over me.

3) Continually the foe delights in taunting me:
“Where is God, where is your God?”
Where, O where, are you?

4) Defend me, God, send forth your light and your truth,
they will lead me to your holy mountain,
to your dwelling place.

5) Then I shall go unto the altar of my God,
praising you, so my joy and gladness
I shall praise your name.
 
Photo by Tom Bjornson

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!