12/28/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 12/28

In this octave of Christmas, Night Prayer will be simple, looking to extend the peace and joy of Christmas over this special week on the church calendar.  So, relax, sit back with the Lord and savor the peace of Christmas...

When Christmas joy begins to nod:
come, wake me from my sleep!
 
When I choose darkness over light:
let grace shine bright within me...

When I lose hope that peace will come
refresh my trust in you, Lord...

When fears and tears mute my joy,
give me a hymn of praise to sing...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
keep vigil while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

Wake From Your Sleep by Dan Schutte

 
 
 1. Wake from your sleep, a Savior is born. 
God's holy child gives light to this morn, 
all our darkness to dispel. 
Praise to our God whose glory we tell. 
 
2. Come from your fields as shepherds of old. 
Welcome this child whom prophets foretold. 
God has made the earth his home. 
Praise to our God, the Savior has come. 
 
3. Stay with us now, O Lord of the earth. 
Make of our hearts a place for your birth. 
Though our cares be great or small, 
Jesus the Lord, be born in us all. 
 
4. Now shall the earth take joy in her tears. 
Now shall our hearts be turned from their fears. 
 All the earth shall sing God's praise 
Jesus the Lord, be born on this day.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!