12/13/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 12/13


Image by Web410
 
Because I'm often foolish, Lord, 
be generous in sharing your wisdom:
I need it! 
 
In these short, dark December days,
shine your light upon my path 
to help me follow where you lead
especially when I'm not sure
of where I've been
or where I am
or where I'm going...
 
May your wisdom bring:
    order to my chaos,  
    faith to bear on all my doubts, 
    common sense to sort out my confusion,
    truth to enlighten my choices,     
    reason to course-correct my foolish ways
    and hope to help me see beyond today
    to all tomorrow offers...

Because I'm often foolish, Lord,
be generous with your wisdom - 
I need it!

Be my wisdom, Lord:    
    fill my mind with your counsel,
    shape my thoughts with your truth, 
    bless my imagination with insight,
    and strengthen my heart's convictions...

Let your wisdom be my guide, Lord:
a star to lead me close to you
in these holy Advent days
and all the seasons of my life...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 

The Perfect Wisdom of Our God  by Keith and Kristyn Getty




 

   

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!