12/13/20

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 12/13


In these days before Christmas we find ourselves surrounded by the happiness of others who might seem to have a joy in their hearts we have trouble finding in our own.  When it's hard to find the joy, difficult to rejoice, we might pray this way...

I will rejoice, Lord -
in every joy I've ever known...

I will rejoice in joy forgotten:
help me remember and savor it...

I will rejoice in the simple joys of youth
even if my youth was not always joyful...

I will rejoice in the good times:
let me not forget them
or lose them among lesser memories... 

I will rejoice in the hard times
when you had my back
and saw me through 'til all was well...

I will rejoice in hope that lifted my spirits -
even if sometimes hope left me disappointed...

I will rejoice in those who've loved me:
family, friends and each kind stranger
whose path has crossed my own...

I will rejoice just in knowing
you want me to be happy, Lord,
in mind and heart, in peace...

I will rejoice in knowing you forgive me, Lord,
each and every time I fall and turn to you
for pardon...

I will rejoice in all the second chances
you've so generously granted me
and all the new beginnings I have known...

I will rejoice in knowing that even when I'm sad
your gifts of peace and joy are there for me,
they wait for me...

Help me claim what joy I've turned away
when I was hurt and angry, Lord,
or sinking in self-pity...

I rejoice in knowing
my burdens aren't forever
and that all shall be well, Lord,
that all shall be well,
that all manner of things shall be well...

In all times, Lord, in good and in bad,
I thank you for the joy
of simply knowing you...

And because I know you love me,
I rejoice, Lord, I rejoice...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!