1/30/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 1/30

 
I know so many folks who are losing hope, Lord,
finding it more and more difficult to trust
    that all is not lost,
    that things will turn around, 
    that better days are coming,
    that help is on the way,
    that you are at their side,
    that all is in your hands...

So for these friends, Lord, I'm posting this prayer.
I hope they'll make it their own 
and find in you 
the hope they need tonight...

Lord Jesus, give me hope for the dawn
    when I'm lost in the dark of night...

Give me hope for serenity
    even in the midst of my distress...

Give me hope for tomorrow
    when I feel locked in my past...

Lord Jesus, give me hope for joy
    when sadness overwhelms me...

Give me hope for understanding
    when I'm lost in my confusion...


Lord Jesus, give me hope for companionship
    when I'm feeling all alone...

Give me hope and trust in faith, Lord,
    when I'm lost in doubt and fear...

Give me hope for someone's helping hand
    when I fear there's no one there...

Give me hope for strength and courage
    when I'm at my weakest point...
 
Give me hope for peace around the world:
    an end to war and terror...

Give
me the grace to hope for hope, Lord,
    when it seems there's no way out...

And when I feel most hopeless,
    help me find my hope in you, Lord,
         the source of all my hope...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
    Performed by Jonathan Veira 



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!