1/14/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 1/14


As you know, Lord,
a friend of mine is in prison
and the lock-down of this pandemic
has been his daily reality 
since long before the virus came a-callin'...

The covid numbers in prisons keep rising
but the vaccine is coming their way
and not, I hope and pray, 
a day too late for my pal...

Out here on the street, Lord, I know I've had it 
with this locked down way of life.
I can't imagine living locked up,
guards at every turn, my every move observed, 
barbed wire all around: No Exit.

My friend gets out this fall, Lord,
and he wrote last night to tell me
that in all the excitement of this prospect,
even greater is his growing peace and calm
to know that freedom's on the way:
and in that regard, Lord, 
I envy him...
 
So, make room in my heart, Lord,
for a place where peace and calm might grow;
where serenity unshackles the stress
   of all that locks me down;
a place for you to come and make your home,
a place where I am free
to hope, to love, to be...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I keep calm watch with you
and asleep, rest freely in your peace...

Amen.
 



 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!