2/21/21

Monday Morning Offering: 2/22

 
Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!
 
I lift up to you this morning, Lord,
some things that get in my way
as I try to grow in faith...

I offer you the disappointment I experience
when you don’t do just what I want you to do
and in the way I want you to do it:
   help me remember
   that you are not my servant,
   though I am yours…

I offer you my impatience
when I think you respond too slowly to my prayers,
and the doubts I have when I think that you're not listening:
   help me trust that you hear every prayer I offer, Lord,
and help me see how you might answer my prayer
   in a hundred ways I miss
or fail to hear your reply
   when I'm only open to what I want...   

I offer you my envy, Lord,
when I fret about not having what others have;
and my stubbornness
when I refuse to be happy
except on my own terms:     
   open my eyes wide to the gifts I do have,
      to the blessings I’ve received,
   to the peace and joy you have in store for me,
      waiting for me to discover and enjoy...    

I offer you the hopelessness I feel
when it seems my life is like the wind,
that I'll never see happiness again:
    help me trust, Lord, that
       your love is better than life itself,
       my heart will be restless 'til it rests in you;
       that never are my hope and trust in you in vain…

Help me trust, Lord
that when I cannot find you,
  you're still by my side;
that even when I feel abandoned,
   you hold me in the palm of your hand;
that when I'm too weak get up,
   your strong arm reaches out to lift me;
that when I'm most vulnerable,
   you shield me with your everlasting love…

Draw me from my self-preoccupation
   into your heart, Lord,
and into the hearts of those around me, 
   especially those in need...

Help me to welcome you, Lord,
the One who promises, the One who will bring me,
  peace and joy forever...

Amen.
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!