2/1/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 2/1

 
(Our collective life in general and what I'm hearing from many individuals leads me to think it's time again to post this classic prayer which is so much a part of the daily lives of so many people... )
 
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference...

I pray first for serenity, Lord,
that peace within my soul,
which is your gift of grace,
a gift that comes from you alone,
a gift I cannot give myself...

In that serenity, I pray I might
accept the things I cannot change
and over which I'm powerless:
    things beyond my reach and ken,
    things that only you
    (and others, if they choose)
    might change and turn around...

I pray for strength and courage
to change the things I can
and I know what's most in need of change -  ime:
    my mind and heart,
    my words and deeds,
    the choices I make,
    and the paths I choose to take...

And, yes, I need your wisdom, Lord,
to discern between the
   things that only you can do
   and things that by your word and grace
   I'm charged to do...

Grant me serenity, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over my dreams as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
   
The Serenity Prayer Song by The Serenity Prayer Project



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!