2/2/21

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 2/2

Image source


Since I'm not all put together, Lord,
   I'm grateful for your patience
      when I'm lost and at loose ends...

My tendency to screw things up
   makes me grateful for the mercy
      you never fail to offer...

When I'm really being foolish, Lord,
   I'm grateful for the wisdom
      of the word you speak within me...

When pride's behind my words and deeds
   I'm grateful for the ways you have
      to tame my self-esteem...

When I'm busy doing useless things
  I'm grateful for your calling me
     to see what's more important...

When I'm lazy and indifferent, Lord,
   I'm grateful for all the ways you find
      to kick me in the butt...

When I'm giving up or giving in
   I'm grateful for the promise
      and the hope you hold before me...

Since my prayer life's not quite faithful yet,
   I'm grateful that you're always there
      every time that I show up...

And when I truly pause for prayer
   I'm grateful that you listen, Lord,
      and hear my every word...

 Amen.
      

     
 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!